Besides Facebook account password, ‘security question’ is another way to establish ownership of Facebook account. It helps identify you as the owner of Facebook account if you ever need to contact Facebook support for help. You can select among 6 predefined questions from Facebook account settings and provide unique answer to for the same. Note: You will not see Security question option, if you previously added security question to your Facebook account.
How to add ‘security question’ on Facebook
1. Login into Facebook account and click on gear icon at top right. Then click on Account Settings option in the menu. Now click on Security option in the column on left side.
2. Then click on Security Question option and follow on-screen steps. You can select and security question of your choice. Type your unique answer for selected question.
3. Save changes and now your account has additional security measure in the form of security question. Make sure you remember the selected question and answer to establish Facebook account ownership in the future as per requirement.
Can I view & change Facebook’s Security Question
1. To view security question added in your Facebook account, open this URL (facebook.com/update_security_info.php). Your security question should be listed at the bottom of this page.
2. As of now there is no way to change security question added to your Facebook account settings. Once a security question is added, it remains there forever (that is Facebook’s official line as of now).